Six La Salle Brothers took over St. Saviour’s College which had been run by the Catholic Church, and renamed it St. Joseph’s College.
Brother Aimar Pierre Sauron, the Director of St. Joseph's College, bought the present La Salle Primary School grounds for HK$24,000.
Opening of La Salle College
6 January 1932
La Salle College was officially opened.
La Salle College (Annex) was constructed on the present primary school
8 December 1941 - 1946
In December 1941, Japan attacked Hong Kong, and schooling stopped. Classes resumed at La Salle College in September 1946.
Establishment of La Salle Primary School
28 August 1956
Brother Patrick Toner, Principal of La Salle College, applied to the Education Department to establish La Salle Primary School.
2 September 1957
La Salle Primary School was formally established, with 425 students in 10 classes in P.5 to P.6, and with Brother Henry Pang as Headmaster. In January 1958, P.3 and P.4 classes were added.
First School Extension
A new wing, a mirror image of the original 1938 structure, was completed. Lady Robert Black, wife of the Governor, officiated at the school opening on 28 June 1960. The extension allowed for the addition of P.1 and P.2 classes. The school grew to 32 classes - 16 in the a.m. and p.m. sessions respectively and with almost 1,500 students enrolled.
Second School Extension
3 March 1972
A second extension was completed, adding a school hall, an audio-visual aid room, a swimming pool and a library. Additionally, two new classrooms brought the total to 18 classrooms. The second extension was declared open on 3 March 1972 by Brother Charles Henry, the La Salle Brothers Superior General, and was blessed by Bishop Francis Hsu.
Brother Henry Pang Retires
Headmaster Brother Henry Pang retired after 28 years of service.
Two Schools One Campus
1988 - 2002
La Salle Primary School operated as two schools, each with three P.1 to P.6 classes.
A Redevelopment Committee chaired by Mr Michael Chan, JP was formed to completely rebuild the school. Redevelopment work commenced in July 2000.
7 April 2001
Mrs Fanny Law, the Secretary for Education and Manpower Bureau, laid the Foundation Stone for the new school building.
2 September 2002
The a.m. and p.m. schools merged into a 36-class whole-day primary school and moved into the new school building. Cardinal Joseph Zen , then Bishop, blessed the building on 25 September 2002.
Opening of the New School Building
25 January 2003
Brother Alvaro Rodriguez, La Salle Brothers Superior General, declared the new school building open.
27 March 2004
Brother Victor Franco, La Salle Brothers General Councillor, declared the sports ground and foyer duly open.
20 March 2005
Old Boys, Mr William Mong and his son David, declared the indoor swimming pool open.
50th Golden Anniversary
2007 - 2008
To celebrate the school’s 50th Golden Anniversary, a Thanksgiving Mass was said by Father Ferdinand Lok on 9 October, 2007. The Open Day was held on 17 May 2008.